Thursday & Sunday Walk Guidelines
All members participate in these walks at their own risk.They should bring with them sufficient food and water and wear suitable clothing and footwear. Stout boots must be worn on all mountain and moorland walks.
Leaders have the authority to refuse to take members who, in the leader’s opinion do not appear fit enough for the proposed route or are insufficiently equipped. Members are reminded that walk leaders cannot be responsible for ramblers who walk ahead of the group and beyond visual contact.
More details of a walk may be obtained from the leader(s), whose phone numbers are included on the programme.
Dogs cannot be permitted.
Car Sharing. Members contribute £3 to drivers towards their fuel costs, less on short rides or up to £5 for longest trips at the driver’s discretion. The Pwllheli meeting place will be Penmount car park (£2/8hrs). Walks marked * meet in front of Criccieth Health Centre 15 min after the Pwllheli time.
Covid-19 Guidelines (16/09/2020)
Please remember the following rules presently apply to Club walks during the Covid crisis:
- Contact details of pre-booked walkers retained in case of need for track and trace procedures.
- Walkers from different households are advised not to share cars and should travel direct to the walk start point.
- Observe the 2 metre social distancing rule throughout the walk.
- Avoid touching gates and footpath structures where possible.
- Bring hand sanitiser and gloves; also masks (for use in case of circumstances where social distancing cannot be maintained).
Grades Of Walks
A – A strenuous outing, mostly mountains, perhaps some scrambling. If easier terrain, it will be long.
B – Moderate for the reasonably fit, but usually visiting mountain tops.
C – Easy, mostly pastoral.
D – Easy, short.